Dr. Belton earned both a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry and a Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree at UNC-Chapel Hill. He continues his education by attending several divisons of the North Carolina Dental Society and other study clubs on a monthly basis.
During Dr. Belton's illustrious career, he has reached many achievements he is very proud of. These achievements include:
- Past President of Local District and State NC Dental Society with Past president of Gaston County and First District of NC Dental Society
- Chairman of the Board for NC Dental Society with “Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the NC Dental Society"
- Served as Examiner on the State Board of Dental Examiners
- Vice president of NC Dental Society
When Dr. Belton is outside of work he enjoys spending time at his home in Gastonia with his loving wife Dianne. Together they have 5 children and 7 grandchildren. Dr Belton has continually remained actively involved in his community.
- Past President of the Catawba Study Club
- Past-President of Noon Optimist Club
- Past President of Greater Gaston Boys & Girls Club
- Past-President of West Gastonia Boys & Girls Club (Awarded the Silver Medallion from Boys & Girls Club of America)
- Past- President of Gaston Country Club
- Board member of N.C. Department of Human Resources
- Elder of First Presbyterian Church of Gastonia (also served as Deacon, Chairman of Stewardship Committee and Chairman of Nominating Committee.)